Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology (VESIT), Affiliated with University of Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electronics Engineering, 2006
(Awarded in the First Class)
Co-Curricular Activities while at VESIT:
- Organized a 4 day workshop on “Embedded Systems using the Atmel AVR Microcontroller” for final year undergraduate students (September 2005). Report and photos here.
- Won the 1st prize in the on the spot hardware contest at Praxis’05 (annual inter-collegiate techfest of VESIT).
- Won the 3rd prize in the networking contest and on the spot hardware contest at Praxis ’05 (annual inter-collegiate techfest of VESIT).
- Won the 2nd prize in the technical quiz at ISAAC (organized by IEEE-TSEC).
- Won the 1st prize in the technical quiz at CIGMA 2003 (organized by the CSI-CRCE).
- Won the 2nd prize in the technical quiz at Technovanza 2003 (technical festival of VJTI).
- Won the 2nd prize and the prize for the most innovative robot at the Robo-soccer contest held by IEEE student chapter of VESIT. (Robot photos here. Robot was controlled by our teammate Deepan Gandhi)
- Won the 1st prize in a C++ programming contest held by CSI-VESIT in 2002.
- Wrote a technical paper on ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) Poison Routing which was presented at CIGMA 2003 (organized by the CSI-CRCE). Read it here.
Extra-Curricular Activities while at VESIT:
- Licensed Grade-I Amateur Radio Operator. Callsign:VU2AXC
- Received basic training in Disaster Communication from Mumbai Amateur Radio Society.
- Organized the Quiz at Hamfest India 2004 (A national convention of HAM radio operators) held in Mumbai.
- Organized an awareness talk on HAM Radio at the college premises.
- Constructed a DTMF based repeater controller circuit for Mumbai amateur radio repeater.
Software Packages used while at VESIT:
- Mathematical Modelling: MATLAB
- VLSI: MAGIC/RSim, Altera MAXplusII (VHDL) , OrCAD (SPICE)
- PCB Design: Eagle
- Microcontroller Development: WinAVR+AVRStudio
Rajhans Vidyalaya, Affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education, India
Junior Kindergarten till 12th Grade (14 Years)
I was pretty much an average student during school - although I had a few moments of glory (famously getting full marks in the class when no one else did - twice, voted the best dressed boy during the farewell party - fun times!). Didn't care much for organized sports or theatrics either, just liked running around!
Page last updated: August 2010