Page Last Updated: 6th October 2011
Java Standard Edition Development Kit (JDK)
Android Development Tools (ADT) Plugin for EclipseDownload
Android Software Development Kit (SDK)Download
DocsDownload Code SamplesDownload
HTC Sync (or OEM USB Drivers for your phone for use with Android Debug
- Go to www.eclipse.org
- Click on "Downloads"
- Click on "Windows 32 Bit" next to "Eclipse IDE
for Java Developers"
Java Development Kit
jdk-7-windows-i586.exe and install it.
contents of eclipse-java-indigo-SR1-win32.zip to "c:\eclipse-java-indigo-SR1-win32"
folder named "eclipse" will be extracted and appear under "c:\eclipse-java-indigo-SR1-win32"
Shortcut to Eclipse
windows explorer and browse to
click eclipse.exe send its shortcut to the desktop
the short cut from "eclipse.exe - Shortcut" to "Eclipse"
Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
contents of android-sdk_r13-windows.zip to
folder named "android-sdk-windows" will be extracted and appear
- Extract contents of platform-tools_r07-windows.zip to
folder named "platform-tools_r07-windows" will be extracted and
appear under "C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows"
"platform-tools_r07-windows" to "platform-tools" such
contents of android-2.3.3_r02-linux.zip to
folder named "android-2.3.3_r02-linux" will be extracted and appear
contents of google_apis-10_r02.zip to
folder named "google_apis-10_r02" will be extracted and appear
click on "Eclipse - Java" icon on your desktop
a location to place your workspace folder. You may leave it at the default
the box "Use this as the default and don't ask again"
on the "Workbench" icon
the ADT Plugin for Eclipse
- Disable Ethernet/WiFi and any other network connection during the installation of ADT Plugin to prevent Eclipse from trying to connect to the internet to verify package information. If your connection firewall or limited for some reason (e.g. firewall or proxy), Eclipse will waste time trying to communicate with its servers without success, so its better to disable WiFi and unplug your Ethernet cable.
in Eclipse, click on the "Help" menu and select "Install New
Add, in the top-right corner
- In the
Add Site dialog, click Archive
to and select "ADT-12.0.0.zip"
- Enter a
name for the local update site (e.g., "Android Plugin") in the
- In the
Available Software dialog, select the checkbox next to Developer Tools and
- In the
next window, you'll see a list of the tools to be installed. Click
and accept the license agreements, then click Finish.
Note: If you get a security
warning saying that the authenticity or validity of the software can't be
established, click OK.
the installation completes, restart Eclipse.
the ADT Plugin
in Eclipse, Select Window > Preferences... to open the Preferences panel
Android from the left panel.
You may see a dialog asking
whether you want to send usage statistics to Google.
If so, make your choice
and click Proceed. You cannot continue with this procedure until you click
"C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows" as the SDK
Location in the main panel
Apply, then OK.
click "My Computer" and select properties.
- In the
"System Variables" list, find "Path" and click Edit
the text in the Variable value field
contents of docs-3.2_r01-linux.zip to
folder named "docs_r01-linux" will be extracted and appear under
"docs_r01-linux" to "docs" such that
- Install Code Samples
- Extract contents of samples-2.3.3_r01-linux.zip to "C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows"
- The folder named "samples-2.3.3_r01-linux" will be extracted and appear under "C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows"
- Rename "samples-2.3.3_r01-linux" to "samples" such that "C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows\samples-2.3.3_r01-linux" becomes "C:\android-sdk_r13-windows\android-sdk-windows\samples"
HTC Sync (or your phone's OEM USB Drivers)
setup_3.0.5579.exe and install it.